The half day tour to the Old capital of Georgia, Mtskheta is to see two main sightseeing of it and to feel the great history of the country.
The places to see:
- Jvary monastery (beginning of VII cent AD). The monastery is located on the top of the hill and overlooks the Mtskheta valley and the beautiful place where two rivers, Aragvi and Kura merge together. It is the place that has inspired and amazed many poets and painters from many countries.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (XI cent AD). Svetitskhoveli has very rich historical and cultural meaning for all Georgians, many interesting architecture details and the paintings. According to the historical documents, it is the place where the Robe of Jesus is buried.
- The souvenirs street of Mtskheta. A long street with lots of souvenirs shops. We recommend you to purchase churchkhelas there, because the price and the quality is good there, as well as the choice of different types of it. The sellers there also give you to taste it before you buy. Another thing to buy there are the local spices and the jams.
- The dinner in Mtskheta, at the restaurant with the local food (not included).
Beginning at 12:00
Duration about 3 hours.
– guide services
– all transport on the route
– personal expenses
* The cost of a group tour is indicated. For an individual tour write to us – email@example.com