Kakheti is a fruitful rural area on the South East of Georgia. In April it is covered with the blossoming fruit trees like peach, cherries, plum, apple, pear, apricots, etc. In May there are roses and lilac. In June farmers start selling fresh strawberries and raspberries. July and August is the time for peaches and figs. In September there are grapes, melons and watermelons. October is time for grapes picking and wine making. And November is known for its late fruit persimmon.
Our route through Kakheti combines the historical and cultural sightseeing with the wine tasting and learning about the Georgian lifestyle. The places we will visit:
- The wine factory and a wine tasting of 2-3 types of the wine. The factory workers will show you the wine barrels where the best of local wines are made.
- The village where you visit the bread bakery. You will see and try traditional Kakhetian bread that being made in the stone oven, with the coal. You will learn the technology, and can purchase the hot bread and the slice of local cheese.
- The place where you can purchase local tasty churchkhela (the sweet made of the boiled grape juice and the walnuts/nuts).
- Bodbe monastery. The place which is considered as a Holy place by the Orthodox Georgians. There is the grave of the Holy Nino who brought Christianity to Georgia in the IV cent. AD. The great refreshing place. In the café nearby you can try tasty tea with the local meant and herbs.
- The city of Love, Signagi. The beautiful small town in the hills of Kakheti resembles the mountainous Italy. You will walk its lovely stone streets and enjoy the architecture. And of course you pass by the famous Wedding Hall that works 24/7.
- Upon your request, you can visit the museum of Signagi where there are works of the most famous Georgian painter Niko Pirosmani. The guide will tell you beautiful and sad story about the life of Niko Pirosmani.
- You also will climb the Great wall of Signagi, which was reconstructed in 2007. The amazing view to the Alazani valley and the Great Caucasian mountain chain is guaranteed!
- The dinner in the lovely Signagi restaurant with the local food and wine.
- Coming back: at 7 pm.
Tour duration 10 hours
Included in cost:
all transport on the route
The price does not include:
optional tastings as desired
* The cost of a group tour is indicated. For an individual tour write to us – email@example.com